Falcon Alert Fraud Protection
If you plan on taking a trip this summer, or any time of year, it’s always best to let Mil-Way know if you will be using your debit card while away.
About Falcon Alert
We protect our members’ accounts with Falcon Alert Fraud Manager. This free-to-members service tracks your debit card transactions to understand your buying habits. When purchases are made outside of this established ‘habit,’ it can activate an alert through Falcon.
If the alert becomes escalated, Falcon will call the phone number you provided to the credit union to verify if purchases are legitimate and not fraud. If Falcon cannot reach you, Falcon may place a temporary block on your card for your protection. It is important to return Falcon’s call.
Also, to keep your vacation pleasant and your purchases protected, it’s important to let Mil-Way know the dates you will be traveling and using your card.
Protecting Your Money And Your Peace of Mind
At Mil-Way Federal Credit Union, safeguarding your account is an important part of our business. We are
proud to provide unparalleled card security as part of your credit union membership.
No matter how careful you are with your financial records, criminals still find ways to access your card information to make unauthorized purchases. To combat this threat, we use the leading fraud protection service, Falcon Fraud Protection, to monitor your accounts and detect suspicious activity.
How it works
- The service has information about fraud that has occurred for other cardholders
- The service learns your normal spending patterns
- Based on a combination of this information, the service evaluates your transaction If the transaction is considered risky, a fraud specialist will contact you to verify if you authorized the transaction
- If you confirm the transaction is legitimate, there is no impact
- If you confirm that you did not authorize the transaction, that card is immediately blocked to stop more fraud from occurring
- If the Falcon Fraud specialist cannot reach you, a message will be left and your card may be temporarily blocked until you return the call
How you can help
- Protect your card and card information
- Regularly monitor your statements for any activity that is not yours
- If you are contacted by a Falcon Fraud specialist, please return the call as soon as possible
If a Falcon Fraud specialist calls you, you will not be asked for any personal information
If you call the fraud call center back, you will be asked to verify your identity
- Make certain that the phone number you have on file with the credit union is current so you can be easily contacted if any questionable activity is detected on your account